Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Cabin Fever


 When your dog is a better model than your kid....
 
 He loves watching his big sister Elsie play fetch.
 
 Preparing to throw the ball for Elsie... pure focus.
 
 About to throw..
 
 His face while Elsie chases the ball... pure joy!
 
 My happy little boy.
 
 He was so glad to be out of the house!
 
 100% boy. He spent about 5 minutes searching for sticks in our yard.
 
 My baby girl. I know I'm prejudice, but I think she's just the prettiest.
 
 His after playtime treat... Definitely my kid!
 

And then of course he didn't want to go in... but naptime was calling his name.
___________________________________________________________________________________
 
The weather these days has been not so nice. It's January, yet we have zero snow, and if you know anything about me, you know this leaves me on the verge of depression. I think I've decided we need to move about 8 hours north. (Did you hear that John? Start job searching!) It has been cold, but just not cold enough for a blanket of white, rather this lovely weather has left us with a damp, nasty haze. Absolutely, positively gross!

I don't mind staying in, cuddling on the couch, drinking some Starbucks, and watching a movie. But my little boy can only stand that for exactly 5 minutes these days and then he's whining to do something different. Pretty sure, he's sick and tired of being trapped inside with his approximately 500 new toys he got for Christmas... Life is rough when you're one people.  So rough.

Yesterday, I had just had enough of the whining. So on went the hat, the gloves, the jacket, and out we went.

And he had a ball.

I didn't even have to entertain him. He was happy as can be running, jumping and tripping all over our backyard. It was so nice to see a smile on my little boy's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment