Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Counting My Blessings


 
I've got a sick baby, dishes piled in the sink, one load of laundry started that has now been sitting in the washer for hours because I haven't had time to deal with it, baby toys are covering the floor, my dog is staring at me because she wants me to play with her so bad and I don't have the time, my uniform is on: leggings, comfy shirt and a ponytail (I hate wearing my hair up, but if I don't want 100 hairs ripped out of my head today it's what I have to do). On the bright side my bed is made, but that's only because if it's not I will seriously lose my sanity and the entire 1 minute it took me to make it Luca was screaming in the background begging for me to pick him up.

The last couple days have been a challenge to say the least, but this, it's real life. And you know what? It's good. At least I'm trying really hard to think it is.

I feel like I've accomplished absolutely nothing today and that everything is going wrong, but when I think a little harder I know that's not true. Luca is alive, and I'm alive with some of my sanity still intact. So that's an accomplishment right there.

And that's not even close to everything! So, I'm going to sit here (with Luca on my lap or right next to me, because if he's not he will most likely be screaming) and I'm going to write down all the things I'm thankful for....

1.) Health: for me and Luca. This is only the 2nd time he has really been sick in his whole 7 months on this earth. Also, I'm healthy and can take care of him and give him my full care and attention.
2.) My baby! I have a baby who gets sick and needs me! What a blessing!
3.) My husband: Who will be home at 4:30 and hopefully take Luca and let me do the dishes, laundry, clean, and gather back the sanity I have lost.
4.) Jobs: My husband has been blessed with a job that allows me to not have to work! Now usually I do work a little because I enjoy it and let's be honest, a little break is amazing! But my job is flexible enough, so that if on a day like today or yesterday I need to stay home all day, I am totally able to do it.
5.) Doctors: When Luca woke up with his fever yesterday, we were able to get into the Dr. within 2 hours of when I called!
6.) Tylenol: Even though half of it ends up on his shirt or the floor at least I can force enough down that his fever almost disappears!
7.) Fenced in yard: On days like today when I cannot give my dog the attention she deserves I can just let her out the door and she can chase all the bunnies in our yard to get rid of some energy!
8.) My home: I have a home that gets messy and keeps us warm... or cool. Depending on how the weather is feeling these days.
9.) Chocolate: That's all.
10.) My heavenly Father: When I'm feeling down or just overwhelmed with life, I can always go to Him. He always hears me and helps me not to be anxious about everything going on in my life that, let's be honest, makes me anxious.

Well, I think 10 is a good number to stop, even though I'm sure I could keep going. But pretty soon Luca will need to eat again, and be changed again, and then need a nap. And amidst all the crazy and things that need to be done, I can't wait to just stop, and rock my baby to sleep. That's what he needs right now. Everything else can wait. And that's ok. Just being with him in that moment is the biggest blessing.
 
 
I was setting up my camera and he was happy for more than 5 seconds.. I had to take a picture!
 
This. Was reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment