Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

Thank Heaven For Little Boys



I have always wanted the gender of my babies to be a surprise. Every doctors appointment I was so tempted to find out what we were having, but I knew it would be worth the wait if we didn't. I clearly remember when I was pushing in the delivery room being so exhausted, but what kept me going was knowing in just a few moments I was going to find out if our baby was a girl or a boy! I kept repeating the names we had picked out in my head and thinking "I am about to meet Luca or Felicity! Who will this little person be?"

Throughout my pregnancy everyone always asked me what I wanted, a boy or girl? This question always made me a little upset. What if I said boy, but it was a girl? Or vice versa? I honestly did not care!

The other question I got constantly was, "What do you think it is? A boy or girl?" This one just annoyed me. It made me want to scream, "I have no idea!!" but hormones probably played a role in that response... Everyone said I carried like a boy, but I got sick like a girl. I craved sweets which means girl, but I didn't gain a ton of weight which means boy. All those wives tales are so ridiculous, and none of them mean a thing in my opinion. But still, everyone was constantly bugging me about it. This made me want to just find out to stop the nonsense! But I'm so glad I didn't!

When the Dr. lifted up the little person that had been growing inside me for nine months and my husband said the words I had been waiting so long to hear.. "It's a boy!", I cried. I was thrilled beyond belief. There he was, Luca John. My son. I have a son!

When and if I get pregnant again... In the far, far out future (Seriously people, Luca is 7 months old, stop asking if I'm pregnant!) I will definitely be keeping the gender a surprise again! Years ago, if someone had told me my first child was a boy, inside I would have been hoping that my second was a girl. But I can honestly say, boy or girl, I do not care! Give me a healthy baby and I am a happy mommy. Although, I may be slightly biased, but I think my husband and I made a pretty darn cute little boy, so I really wouldn't mind if that happens again... Just sayin'.

 Rockin' the Mohawk today.
 
 Mom got her "do the baby's hair fix" and Luca, well he just gets to look like a little stud.


No comments:

Post a Comment